Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Introduction

Hi there!!!

This is my first post on "Between The Lines", so I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a bit about myself, why I have created this blog and why I have chosen my title.

As you may have noticed already by the type of questions that I am going to answer that I am the sort of person that asks "Why?" and "Why?" and "Why?" again. Right now I am imagining the never-ending battle of the "why" question with toddlers who want to know what makes the world go 'round.
I am like that.
Although I don't pester people with the actual question, it nags at the back of my head with intrigue.

So to get back on track, a bit about myself. I am currently studying at the University at Ballarat doing a Bachelor of Arts/Diploma of Professional Writing and Editing. I plan to, and have started on the path to becoming an author of fictional novels that reflect realistic drama-type scenarios. Although I would love my books to be classed as popular fiction, it is not my aim to use popular themes but would rather my books to relay messages and themes "between the lines", and then that would be why my books sell.

I am also interested in farming and sustainable land uses as well as horse training. I hope that one day I will be able to own my own property and raise a family on the land. This of course would never stop me writing books, only enhance it I would hope with my own new experiences and inspirations.

I have created this blog to start my writing career by recording events and inspirations that may be relevant. It is mostly for my own record and for others like yourself who may be interested in my experiences or events that I attend.

So as I previously said, the title "Between The Lines" is connected to the type of writing that I like to write as well as read! I love plots and narratives that have hidden messages or many parallel plots and stories. To me, those are well written stories. I just hope that I will be able to write as well as the way the books that I enjoy and admire are written.

~ Adelle

4 comments:

  1. Excellent first Blog, just keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! Sure will! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adelle,

    Am looking forward to following your promising career!

    Fleur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fleur! That really means a lot to me!
    I'm looking forward to Purple Roads!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete